Find GREAT TRUFFLE BOXES BELOW! But first... please check out these BESTSELLERS:
There’s nothing better than getting a nicely-packaged homemade gift for a special occasion!
Whether it’s Valentine’s Day, Christmas, your birthday, or some other big event throughout the year, it feels great to be handed a beautiful chocolate truffles gift box filled with some sweet treat, doesn’t it?
It feels pretty great to give gift boxes like that, too!
When you want to bring that kind of joy and happiness to the most important people in your life, you should consider making your own chocolate truffles and presenting them in a homemade chocolate truffle box. When you give away truffles you’ve made yourself, your friends and family can see just how much you really care about them through the amount of effort you put into the present you’re giving them.
Don’t you want to make that message even more clear by giving your gift in the perfect chocolate truffles packaging?
When you make your own box of chocolate truffles from the ground up, the recipient of your special gift is sure to stand up and take notice. He or she will love how much thought you put into your present, and you’ll be remembered as one of the best gift-givers of the year, too!
But what if you don’t know how to make chocolate truffle packaging?
Don’t worry—it’s easy!
In this article, I’ll teach you everything you need to know about how to make a box for chocolate truffles all on your own. You’ll first be introduced to the idea of chocolate truffles, and given a little run-down on what makes a candy really a truffle. From there, you’ll be able to read up on some tips and tricks for how to effectively store truffles to keep them from getting too hard, too melted, or too stale to enjoy.
In the later part of this article, I’ll give you a list of all the materials you’ll need and a step-by-step instruction guide on how to put together the perfect boxes for chocolate truffles no matter what you’re looking to create. In no time, you’ll have an incredible gift box you’ll be ready to show off to everyone you know!
Now, it’s time to get started!
Before you can get started making truffle boxes, it’s a good idea to know what truffles really are to begin with!
French truffles are probably the most popular type of truffle worldwide. These delicious chocolate balls are made with a thick, creamy ganache center that is then rolled in a topping such as cocoa powder, confectioner’s sugar, chopped nuts, or some other type of easily spreadable coating.
Swiss truffles are a lot like French truffles, but they are usually made in molds instead. They are also made with heavy whipping cream and feature a ganache center.
American truffles are much different than the other two types of truffle listed here. They can be filled with ganache, but might also be filled with a more liquid center. They may be topped with some type of coating like shredded coconut or chopped nuts, but not always.
Keeping your chocolate truffles stored appropriately is the best way you can preserve them and give them the longest shelf life possible. It’s a good idea to keep this in mind when it comes time to give truffles as gifts! Whether you want to make your truffles ahead of time and keep them stored until the gift-giving holiday rolls around, or you want to write out some index cards to hand out along with your presents, be sure to keep these truffle storage tips in mind.
So, after you’ve learned about storing truffles, you’re probably ready to learn how to give them as gifts, right? Giving truffles as gifts is pretty simple, especially when you follow the tips listed below.
Okay, so that sounds all well and good, right? You know how to identify a truffle or a truffle recipe, and you understand how to store truffles before you give them as gifts or how to instruct others to keep them stored until they can be consumed. You even understand how to give a great truffle present to your friends or family. But now that you’re ready to make your own truffle box, how do you know what type to make? There are a lot of different options when it comes to packaging styles and box ideas, so check out this list before you get started!
Now, it’s finally time to get started on the process of actually making your own truffle box! Before you gather your materials, be sure you have a good, solid work space where you can spread out and get down to business. A kitchen or dining room table is great, but don’t forget to put down some newspaper or other covering if you’re going to be using paint, hot glue, or any other potentially damaging items.
Remember, too, that the way you decorate is entirely up to you! The possibilities are endless, and it’s all up to your choices and the types of items you’d like to attach to your box. For the purposes of this guide, we’ll be making a small box that can hold about four to six truffles. Don’t forget to try out different styles if you’re interested in other versions. Now, let’s get started!
1. Cut one sheet of card stock into a square 9 inches by 9 inches, or cut the same size square from the bottom of your existing gift box.
2. Cut another square, this time 9 ½ inches by 9 ½ inches. Set this slightly square aside for now. Be sure not to lose track of which is which.
3. On the wrong side of your first, slightly smaller, square, draw two lines from corner to corner diagonally to form a large X.
4. Fold one corner inward toward the center of the X until the tip of the corner just touches the center. Sharply crease the fold with your fingernail or with the dull edge of scissors.
5. Repeat the process for the other three corners.
6. Keep all corners folded into the center of the piece of card stock. While still folded, fold the piece in half and crease sharply.
7. Unfold the card stock piece and repeat the process in the other direction.
8. Unfold your card stock piece completely and you should see creases in a checkerboard pattern all over the piece. This forms a cutting “grid” to help guide you for the rest of the process.
9. Choose two corners opposite each other. On each of these corners, cut a slit the depth of two creases on your grid.
10. You should have a total of four slits cut, two on each of opposing sides of the card stock.
11. Fold one uncut corner to the middle of the card stock again, then fold up the sides. Do the same thing on the other side with the opposite uncut corner.
12. By now you should see the walls of the box beginning to form!
13. Fold the cut sides in to help secure the folds you’ve already made. Now, all four sides of your box should be formed, and the bottom of your box is ready to go!
14. Cut 3 inches by 3 inches piece of scrapbooking paper to line the bottom of your box. Set this aside for now.
15. Repeat the folding process with the slightly larger piece of card stock to create your lid. When finished, the lid should fit snugly down over the bottom of the box.
16. Now it’s time to effectively “wrap” your box in scrapbooking paper! Just like you would wrap a present, carefully cover the bottom and top pieces of the box in separate pieces of scrapbooking paper.
17. You can secure the paper on your wrapped box with either Scotch tape, white glue, or glue stick. It is best not to use hot glue for this part since it may melt the paper or cause it to run.
18. Now, all you have left to do is decorate the box the way you want! Use the hot glue gun to attach decorative ribbons, cabochons, beads, and other unique items to your boxes to make each one look beautiful and different.
Now that you know the process by which you can create your own beautiful truffle boxes, there are a few more tips you should keep in mind when it comes time to decorate them. By following these tips, you’ll be able to minimize any problems you might encounter and make your box creating experience go a lot more smoothly!
How does your chocolate truffles box look? Have you created the perfect container for the delectable truffles you’ve either already made or are going to make next? By the time you’ve finished working through this article, you should have an incredible box just ready and waiting for you to deposit your delicious truffles right inside.
You should also know a lot more about what it takes to create chocolate truffle gift boxes and how much effort really goes into putting them together. Now, you know exactly what kinds of materials you need to keep on hand for any time the mood strikes you to whip up a batch of truffles and give them away to someone in the perfect box.
Whether you are looking to make a milk, white, or dark chocolate truffles gift box, or if you’re hoping for something else entirely, you should have plenty of ideas to help you get started, too! Remember to pay attention to the world around you when it comes to picking up items with which to decorate your boxes or looking for color schemes that can work well.
Remember the recipient of your gift, too, when you make gift boxes for chocolate truffles. Of course, it’s always a good idea to think about your friend or family member’s interests, favorite colors, and individual and unique style when creating personalized chocolate truffle boxes. Pretty soon, you’ll have the hang of making the perfect boxes for any occasion!
Now that you know more about how to get started, as well as some good ideas for storing your truffles appropriately, you should be ready to get started. Head to the craft store and gather your materials, and be sure to set aside a couple of hours to really sit down and work on your box. You’re sure to love the end result when you put a little effort into creating beautiful homemade truffle boxes!
Last update on 2020-04-09 at 09:26 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.