Have you fallen in love with truffle oil?
Are you desperate to find some of this great ingredient to try cooking with for yourself?
If so, you’re in the right place!
Truffle oil has taken the world by storm, and it’s become a very popular ingredient among home chefs across the globe.
But where you can buy truffle oil?
If you’ve ever wanted to find it in local brick and mortar stores near you, this article is here to help!It can be tough to find truffle oil in stores, especially if you don’t live in a country where truffles are very prevalent. In this article, I’ll walk you through a variety of different regions to help you locate the best possible places to purchase truffle oil without having to travel across the world to do it.
No matter where you’re located worldwide, there’s a store that sells truffle oil somewhere in your region. Best of all, almost all of these stores offer online shopping options, so even if you don’t live within driving distance you can usually get much more affordable shipping by ordering from stores in your area. And of course, if you’re looking for a great reason to take a trip, taste testing delicious truffle oil before you buy it is as good of an excuse as any!
For each region, I’ll give you a handful of place to start shopping. I’ll be sure you know what type of truffle oil to expect from each one, as well as how easy it is to do any online ordering you might need. By the time you’ve finished reading this article, you should be sure of where you want to purchase your next bottle of incredible truffle oil.
Let’s get started!
1. United States
The United States is probably one of the easiest places to find truffle oil, but it’s also one of the most controversial. Many of the truffle oils available in stores throughout the United States are synthetic, which means they aren’t made from real truffle products at all. Synthetic truffle flavors are manmade in laboratories, and the flavor is then added to olive oil to give it the taste of truffle without including real truffle pieces. These types of oil are much cheaper than their authentic counterparts, but some chefs prefer to stay away from them. When buying truffle oil in the United States, pay close attention to the label if you’re concerned about authenticity.
- Dean & Deluca – Dean & Deluca is a popular gourmet food and ingredient supplier located in the heart of New York City. This company has been in business for decades, and it was one of the first in the United States to sell truffle oil, among many other delectable treats then considered “exotic.” You can easily find a handful of different types of truffle oil for purchase from this store. Choose between black and white truffle oil, and select between a couple of different sizes to suit your needs. You can also place orders online if you don’t happen to live in an area where this store is present. However, there are locations throughout New York as well as in Kansas, North Carolina, and California, so it may be easier than you might think to find a location near you.
- Publix – Publix is a grocery store, first and foremost, but it is an upscale one that tends to carry a variety of gourmet cooking ingredients. Truffle oil is just one of the many unique products you can find at Publix. This is a popular chain store that is centered on the southeastern United States, but there are locations branching out in other parts of the country as well. Although Publix doesn’t carry many different brands, you can find both black and white truffle oil available at most locations. If you’re looking for a type of truffle oil that your local store doesn’t carry, just ask them, and they’ll order it for you at no extra cost to you.
- Whole Foods – Like Publix, Whole Foods is another chain grocery store that is located throughout the United States. However, this is an even more specialized market than Publix, and each store tends to carry a few different products. Whole Foods is known for providing unique and upscale cooking ingredients to its customers, and truffle oil is just one of the many you can find on its shelves. Depending on the location and the time of year, you might find black or white truffle oil at Whole Foods, but you may not come across both at once. Whole Foods stocks several different brands of truffle oil throughout the year, and may be able to order something for you if you’re looking for a specific type.
If you’re wondering where to buy truffle oil in Toronto and other parts of Canada, you’re in luck. Although not every part of Canada has local stores that carry truffle oil, there are plenty of locations throughout the country that sell online at discounted rates to Canadian customers. Whether you’re searching for information about where to buy truffle oil in Vancouver or anywhere else in the country, look no further!
- Sunterra – Buying truffle oil from Sunterra in Canada is much like getting it from Dean & Deluca in the United States. Like this store, Sunterra is a chain store that started with a single local brick and mortar location many years ago. Today, there are seven Sunterra stores in Calgary and two in Edmonton, making it easier than ever before for you to know just where to buy truffle oil in Calgary and beyond. This market carries specialty ingredients, many of which are gourmet and upscale in nature. However, you might find that truffle oil isn’t available during certain times of the year. This is because the market changes its offerings depending on the season, so be sure to do your shopping at Sunterra when truffles are in season to have the best chance of finding this ingredient on its shelves.
- Costco – Did you know that you can buy truffle oil at Costco? Costco is a very popular store throughout Canada, and it has locations in the United States as well, mostly in the New England area. With several stores to choose from throughout Canada, Costco may be the most efficient place for you to pick up truffle oil in your area. You can buy it in bulk here and save even more, and Costco also usually stocks a gift box that contains truffle oil as well as truffle salt. You will be at the mercy of whichever brand names the stores have in stock at the time of your visit, however, and you may not be able to choose between black and white truffle oil if your store doesn’t carry both. You can order online from Costco, however, and have your oil shipped right to your door.
- Bite – Bite is another market located in Calgary. Unlike Sunterra, this is a single location that isn’t available throughout Canada. However, it is possible to make online orders in some cases if you contact the company directly, and if you live in or around Calgary, this little market can be a great place to pick up your favorite truffle oil year round. If they don’t happen to have it in stock when you visit, you can always ask and they are sure to be willing to order it in for you. This store has been known to carry both black and white truffle oil, although the brand names may change. Note that there is no online ordering platform for Bite, so you will need to get in touch with the store to make a long distance purchase.
Europe is really the home of the truffle, and this is by far the most well-known place to find both black and white fresh, whole truffles when they’re in season. It goes without saying, then, that products made from truffles are pretty easy to find around this part of the world, too! Italy and France are home to the most well-known truffles in the world, including the Alba white truffle and the Perigord black truffle. However, other parts of Europe can prove to be excellent places to pick up truffle oil as well, depending on where you look.
- Fine Food Specialist – Fine Food Specialist is largely an online store, but the product is available in many local shops throughout Europe as well. The store itself doesn’t have any brick and mortar locations, but you can find Fine Food Specialist brand truffle oil in groceries and markets across Europe. The company is based out of the United Kingdom, however, so if you plan to order online, you can save the most money by ordering from within the United Kingdom as well. Fine Food Specialist carries both black and white truffle oil, and you can find it in many different sizes, as well as in bulk if that’s what you need. You can also purchase truffle product gift sets through this company and try many different truffle foods all at once.
- Local markets – If you’re not stuck on the idea of ordering online, you can usually find truffle oil at local markets throughout Europe. When you’re shopping for truffle oil in Europe, this may actually be your best bet. It can be difficult to find chain stores that carry this delicious product, but especially in France and Italy, you’re never too far from local shops that carry a variety of different exquisite truffle oils. Check with street vendors as well, once again especially if you’re located in a country where truffles are native. You might be surprised at just how much you can uncover when you do a little digging among local vendors.
- Maison de la Truffe – Maison de la Truffe is a truly upscale culinary shopping experience. With two locations in the heart of Paris, France, Maison de la Truffe has been supplying locals with fresh, real truffles and truffle products since the 1930s. If you shop at this store, be prepared to spend money to get the products you’re looking for. This is also a restaurant, so if you prefer to experience your truffle oil cooked in recipes by master French chefs, you can always book a table and give that a try as well. Many of the store’s products are on sale within the locations themselves. However, do not that you can’t purchase truffles or truffle oil online from this provider. You will have to go to Paris to enjoy this fine dining experience.
4. South America
South America is not particularly known for its truffles or truffle products, but that doesn’t mean you can’t find them at all if you’re located in this part of the world. If you find that the selection within South America isn’t wide enough for you, don’t be afraid to do your shopping from online stores based in other countries that are willing to ship worldwide. Just remember that you will need to budget the extra cost of shipping into your truffle oil shopping if you go this route. Remember, too, that any local specialty gourmet food shops are more likely to either carry truffle oil or be willing to order it for you if you ask.
- Carrefour – You might be surprised to find out that Carrefour is a great place to find truffle oil, but it’s true! This is a large chain store similar to Walmart that can be found throughout the world. However, many of its location are scattered throughout Brazil, which makes it a great solution for anyone in South America looking to stock up on truffle oil. Depending on the time of year, you may have more trouble finding truffle oil than you would at other times. However, since this is a French-run company, both black and white truffle oil should never be too far away when you go shopping at this store. You can also place online orders if you don’t have a Carrefour location near you.
5. Southeast Asia
Where to buy truffle oil Singapore
Southeast Asia is a big part of the world, and it’s home to some of the best places to buy truffle oil, too. Although you might not be able to find truffle oil in every part of this region, you have a lot of options. For example, if you’re trying to find out more about where to buy truffle oil in Singapore, you’re in luck! There are so many great places to pick up your favorite type of truffle oil throughout Southeast Asia that you won’t have to worry about being too limited. The Philippines and Singapore are both great places to shop, so if you’re located in this region, you can always order from these stores online as well!
- Urbani Philippines – If you’re located in the Philippines, you’re in luck! One of the most popular brand names for truffles and truffle products has a branch located in the Philippines. Urbani is widely known as one of the most prestigious and delicious truffle suppliers worldwide, and it has been supplying Europe and the United States with truffles and truffle products for years. It is now available throughout the Philippines as well, with its headquarters located in Manila. Although you can’t purchase anything from Urbani as a brick and mortar store, these products are widely available throughout supermarket chains across the nation. You can also place online orders, and since Urbani has so many locations around the world, you can easily save money on online ordering no matter where you might be shopping from. If you’re wondering where to buy truffle oil in Manila, Urbani is the place for you!
- Truffles & More – Check out products from Truffles & More throughout the Philippines to satisfy all your truffle oil cravings! This company has its own brick and mortar store in Manila, but it also is available in a handful of other stores throughout the region. Here, you can purchase both black and white truffle oil year round, as well as many other truffle products including salt, honey, and creams. Of course, you can also find fresh real truffles at Truffles & More, as well as frozen truffles and truffle pieces. This is a great place to pick up your truffle oil if you’re concerned with having the chance to taste test it first!
- Takashimaya – If you want to know where to buy truffle oil Singapore has a great option. Check out Takashimaya for a wide selection of truffle oils to choose from. On the second basement level of this impressively massive market, you can find specialty cooking ingredients including truffle oil and a handful of other truffle products. You’re more likely to be able to find white truffle oil here, but you might also come across the black variety depending on when you go shopping. As with most markets, truffle oil is a little bit easier to find when truffles are in season, but since these products are mostly imported, this shouldn’t affect your shopping too much. The truffle oil sold at Takashimaya is usually authentic but pay close attention to the label as it may be synthetic instead. When you want to buy truffle oil Singapore is the place to be!
6. Middle East
It’s not particularly easy to come by truffle oil in the Middle East, but if you’re in the vicinity of Dubai, you may be in luck. There are a handful of local vendors and very small shops in Dubai that carry truffle oil, and you can also find it at one of the city’s most popular Italian restaurants and markets too.
- Carluccio’s – Although Carluccio’s is first and foremost a restaurant, it is also a great place to find truffle oil if you happen to be in Dubai. You can also stop in to have a meal made with authentic ingredients from Italy, including truffle oil in many recipes. However, if you’re looking to buy a bottle of this delicious ingredient, this is a great place to start shopping. You can find white truffle oil among the gift baskets and other items available for sale from Carluccio’s, but you can also sometimes find black truffle oil as well. Your best bet here is to buy a gift basket that contains truffle oil along with many other tasty culinary ingredients to help stock your pantry with all the flavor you need to make your meals delicious.
7. East Asia
East Asia may be a little bit more difficult in terms of tracking down truffle oil, but that doesn’t mean you won’t be able to find it. Check out large markets with extensive gourmet cooking ingredient sections for your best bet. Although not every one of these markets is likely to carry truffle oil, you can probably find it if you keep an open mind about buying from department stores. South Korea is home to a particularly good chain of these stores that carries truffle oil frequently.
Lotte – Located throughout South Korea, Lotte is a chain store that has been providing tons of unique cooking ingredients to customers for over four decades. When shopping at Lotte, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the delicious foods available from this store! Like many other chain grocery stores and markets around the world, you may be left a little bit at the mercy of the products available at your local store. However, since many locations are very large, you’re likely to be able to find at least one type of truffle oil on the shelves. If you’re not too worried about whether or not you can find black or white truffle oil specifically, this may be a great place for you to do your shopping!
Finding truffle oil in China isn’t too difficult, particularly if you’re willing to cook with oil made from Chinese black truffles. Although Chinese black truffles are generally considered a lower quality of truffle overall, they make for an excellent truffle oil that you’re sure to enjoy the taste of. Some markets in China also sell imported black and white truffle oils from Europe as well as from around the world, so you only have to do a little digging to find just what you’re looking for.
- Local markets – Like in Europe, China is home to many local markets that sell a variety of different truffle oils. Since Chinese black truffles are quite a lot more prevalent than black and white truffles from Europe or even from the United States, it isn’t too hard to find a vendor who supplies these fresh truffles and their products throughout China. Unfortunately, these sellers don’t often have websites, and they may be hard to find if you don’t know where to look. However, if you do come across a vendor like this selling truffle oil in a local shop, you can rest assured that it’s probably a very good quality.
- Auchan – As in most other regions, China is home to a large chain of grocery stores in which you can easily find truffle oil. Auchan is common throughout China, with over three hundred locations in this country alone. It is also available in other countries throughout the region. If you’re looking for truffle oil at a good price, check Auchan and see what you can come by. You’re more likely to find Chinese black truffle oil here, but you can also sometimes find white and black truffle oil imported from European countries on these shelves as well. Don’t be afraid to check back often, and remember you can always order online through this store.
Are you trying to find out where to buy truffle oil in Melbourne or other major cities in Australia? Do you need to stock up on this delicious oil without having to pay a fortune to order it shipped from overseas? Don’t worry! You’ve got a couple of excellent options if you’re shopping for truffle oil in Australia. You may be surprised to find out that some types of truffles can actually grow well in an Australian climate. More and more frequently, Australian truffle oil is showing up for sale on the shelves of large markets and small local stores alike. Check out these shops to find both domestic and imported oils to choose from.
- The Truffle Store – Located in New South Wales, The Truffle Store is ready to satisfy all your truffle oil needs if you live in Australia. This is a huge truffle supplier that has an excellent reputation with customers from around the world. Even if you don’t live near the store, you can order online and save a lot of money by purchasing truffles that ship from within Australia, rather than ordering from overseas. The Truffle Store stocks many different brand names of both black and white truffle oil, and if you visit the physical location, you may be able to sample the options to choose the one that’s right for you. Fresh truffles are also available from this store during the truffle season only.
- Truffle & Wine Co. – Head to the Truffle & Wine Co. just outside of Perth to have a truffle experience like you’ve never had before. At this incredible farm-based location, truffles are grown and harvested in something as close to truffle cultivation as possible. This is the first truffle farm located in Australia, and it’s quickly made a name for itself as a supplier of incredible truffles and truffle-based products. When you visit, you’ll have the opportunity to shop in the on-site store to find truffle oil and other truffle items that are sure to satisfy any needs you might have. All of the products here are made from winter black truffles, which are the type grown on the premises. You can also place online orders through this company, but the website may not be as well stocked as the physical store is. While you’re shopping, don’t forget to pick up some wine to go along with your incredible truffle products!
Have you figured out where to buy your truffle oil?
As you can see, there are plenty of options no matter where you’re located. You shouldn’t have to worry about your region limiting your truffle oil options. Although it might be a little bit of a challenge to find a store near you that sells truffle oil, you should have no trouble finding one that supplies this tasty product to your area through online ordering. Every region in the world has at least one store that supplies truffle oil, and if you’re willing to dig deeper into very small local specialty markets, you might be able to find even more.
Of course, there are some regions that have more access to local truffle oil suppliers than others. If truffles are native to a specific region, it’s much more likely that you’ll find more stores carrying truffle oil in these areas. Europe has quite a few truffle oil stores since truffles are native to European countries like Italy and France. The United States, which is home to some varieties of truffle as well, also hosts many stores that carry several types of truffle oil. In other parts of the world, department stores carrying a selection of imported goods might be the best choice when it comes to finding truffle oil.
No matter where you choose to buy your truffle oil from, any of these suppliers and vendors on this list are sure to provide you with a great product you’ll want to use again and again. All of the products from these suppliers are very high-quality oils, and although not all of them are authentic, even the synthetic ones are sure to please you and everyone you plan to cook for. Don’t be afraid to head to the kitchen right away and start cooking with this delicious ingredient. Try a variety of different truffle oil recipes for meals, sauces, dressings, and much more. You’ll be surprised by how much you can do with the incredible taste of truffle oil in your cooking ensemble!
Please Enjoy This Bonus Video...